The award-winning AFH EpiCenter was the first in Boston to achieve LEED Platinum certification, or the highest designation for energy sustainable buildings. On your event day, the EpiCenter event space becomes “yours for the day.”
Here’s what separates the AFH EpiCenter from other event spaces:
Not only does your rental give you access to a vibrant, innovative and sustainable space to host your company's next event, but also helps fund our unique youth-arts-employment organization. From business meetings for 40 to cocktail receptions for 400, the EpiCenter can be transformed to suit your needs.
Renting our spacious gallery supports Artists for Humanity, which employs hundreds of under-resourced Boston teens every year. Your guests won't be the only ones with a lasting impression!
Your rental fee helps fund the employment of over 250 under-resourced Boston teens annually in art and design. Thanks to your rental, we can provide a safe space for teens to engage in experiential art and enterprise learning during out-
of-school time. More importantly, they get paid to do this, utilizing their unique voice to create fine art, large-scale murals, furniture, sculptural wall art, branded promotional materials, screen printed apparel, portrait and event photography, event recordings and more - for clients all over our city, and beyond!
Introduce the voice and talent of urban youth to a wide audience
Promote sustainable futures for young people and the environment
Directly support creative jobs for Boston teens
- The AFH EpiCenter offers flexible options for event layout and design. Weather permitting, dynamic outdoor space with a 1,200 square foot sunken courtyard is also available. It is accessible from the gallery by operable floor-to-ceiling “garage door”.
- The open floor plan is enhanced with art by talented AFH youth artists. AFH teens can further help you by personalizing your event with creative design services, including: invitations, save the dates, paintings, screen-printed apparel or “swag,” printed photographs, custom banners to hang outside the venue announcing your event; and live painting during the celebration.
- Architectural details include vintage Crown Victoria car windshields that line the mezzanine, visible from the 5,000 square foot Lewis Gallery event space. An 18-foot ceiling enhances the gallery’s versatile ambiance, while south facing windows provide excellent natural lighting. A floor to ceiling garage-style glass door opens onto an adjoining courtyard that offers an additional 1,200 square feet weather permitting. Even the bathrooms have surprise
- Your package includes two dedicated event staff who will ensure your guests’ comfort and safety. Our Innovation District location is ideal for both parking and public transportation; we are just one block from the Broadway MBTA stop.
- AFH’s event clients – including Keds, Fidelity Investment, Green Mountain Coffee, the Boys and Girls Club of Boston, American Repertory Theater and many, many individuals – like that the rental fee directly supports a non-profit art apprenticeship and jobs program for under-resourced Boston teens.
Adorned with beautiful paintings and photographs created by our talented teen artists employed through Artists for Humanity, our gallery offers a unique and inspiring space for both ceremony and reception! With 5000 square feet, our
loft-style Gallery space can accommodate up to 250 guests for both seated
dinner and dance-floor.
EVENT DESIGN PRODUCTION
Contact: Shane Hassey
Contact: Emily Genevich
LINENS, PARTY RENTAL EQUIPMENT & TENTING
Contact: Gina Alterio
Contact: Karen Shoop
Audio Service available by
Z-Tech Youth Technicians through our partnership with ZUMIX 617.568.9777 x110 Contact:Daniel Fox
Contact: Ashley O'Dell
Contact: Jimmy Guzman
Gourmet is renowned for its talented chefs, impeccable service, and for creating unforgettable events with a singular level of expertise.
Contact: Amy Porchenick Phone:617.522.2820
Boston Security Group
HAIR & MAKEUP
Click on the Icon below to download our frequently asked questions pdf. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Contact: Shamila Varner
CONTACT EVENTS TEAM